Despite how much information is out there, acne /pimples still is a topical subject for many women and some men out there.
Pimples have one major underlying factor and it is bacteria that end up trapped in your facial pores, the little holes on your skin that hair comes out of.
When bacteria is on your skin as it should be because you are normal, your skin may produce oil and the oil gets trapped into these pores with the bacteria that were just having a nice quiet life
The bacteria find themselves in a cozy hole which is covered with oil and it is so lovely for then to start making babies. They increase in number and because the holes or pores are blocked, they grow and grow and grow. Then they release chemicals that make the body react by inflammation , that’s when you feel the pain and before you know it a zit is out.
It takes about 3 days from a blocked pore to a full acne breakout.
The key to solving acne is solving
1. Excessive oil production which in all honesty you can’t really control because you cant control your your skin. You can only help regulate it.
2. Prevent skin cells from accumulating and increasing chances of blocked pores by exfoliation and cleansing.
3. Kill the bacteria
A simple 3 step routine to accomplish this is easily obtainable for anyone who wants to do away with their acne. In life, sometimes keeping it simple works.
I will address the issue of using oil free cleansers and scrubs later.
Steps to pimple treatment –
- 1. A good face wash. -In this regard, liquid is often better than soap bars. You can spread it around easily and a little will go a long way. The active ingredients are easily dispersed in the liquid and you get better results. Soap bars may be cheaper but of recent I haven’t seen many a soap bar with the key exfoliative ingredient needed for acne which is salicylic acid. This compound needs to be present in your facial wash for you to have any good results from it. You also need to use a sponge or facial brush to wash your face. It’s really quite easy. Most exfoliating mitts help to take off excess oil and help your gel or soap wash penetrate into skin. Using your hands doesn’t cut it and some people use a towel which will hardly ever dry out completely and will likely wash off your makeup before it gets to really cleaning your face. Makeup must be taken off completely and not using the face wash which is for treating your Acne.
- For makeup wearers I always suggest using a light oil to dissolve everything off and then rinse with water before you go onto wash your face with the face wash. If you can afford micellar water, then go ahead and use it . I swear by bioderma sensibio and garnier micellar water is a good addition to that list as well. Coconut oil is a fabulous cleanser and Infact some of its molecules is what is contained in the bioderma water. So keep a bottle on hand, wash your face properly and ensure you take off all the makeup
- Facial cleansers to swear by , neutrogena pink grapefruit oil free facial scrub
- Ambi facial cleanser with vitamin c and soy
- Johnson and Johnson clean and clear facial bar
- Clean and clear foaming facial acne wash
- Dr lin acne face wash with Glycolic acid
- Avon blackhead clearing cleanser
These all have salicylic or Glycolic acid which is a very important step in eradication of acne.
I will update this list whenever I find another product which is seriously breakout free and please note that most of the products I have listed here are drugstore products.
They are cheap and contain active ingredients. Some expensive brand a would contain the same thing and maybe add a few exotic ingredients here and there to prove their price point. Some are purely plant based and use the really expensive materials to achieve the same purpose of effective facial cleansing
- Clarins gentle foaming cleanser with cottonseed oil for combination to oily skin.
- Origins a perfect world deep cleanser
- Murad clarifying cleanser for acne and perfect time release acne cleanser
- Dermatologica clearing skin and face wash for acne
There are tons of brands out there but with acne realise that it is more or less a skin condition which needs targeted treatment to halt it and reverse damage.
So go out today and get yourself a cleanser that will work and that’s your first step to acne free skin.
Remember to always read labels and it must say salicylic acid,Glycolic acid, or in some mild cases, lactic acid.
Salicylic acid is best for acne skin.
If you have any questions or comments,please drop them below and I will respond promptly.
Need help shopping from whatever you find in the stores ? Send me a picture and I will be willing to help.
Don’t forget to share any great cleansers and face washes you have found or have used that have made a difference in your skin.
Next post will be on toners for acne /pimples.